DS Fantasy Eurovision 10 - Yerevan - say hello to a new contest

Comments

• Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    I doubt Shakira could pick out Macedonia on a map :p

I doubt the Freemasons have ever visited the place. But don't turn it; I'm not trading insults with thomizzle. :p:D
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    You wouldn't - it requires someone with taste to like it. ;)

Harsh, but fair. :D
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    You wouldn't - it requires someone with taste to like it. ;)

Remind me how many top 10 appearances you've had :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    I doubt Shakira could pick out Macedonia on a map :p

Now now, she'd have more of a chance than Carrie Underwood would have with Albania.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remind me how many top 10 appearances you've had :p

It's an acquired taste, but it's still taste. :D
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pooley wrote: »
    haha guide us all haha

Actually i am serious. For Moldova last contest he found lots of songs but in whittling them down he threw a song in there from a toddler! I had to tell him no. This is what I mean about 'guide' He was paranoid about putting Marina in (even though he chose her:confused:). Basically, it was because Marina was a recent contestant and he was unsure...
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Now now, she'd have more of a chance than Carrie Underwood would have with Albania.

Hahaha true :D Probably best not to make a dig at our next host though...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    The contest was brilliant in most aspects. Visually it was a real treat (Especially the Semi's. that was gorgeous!). I would suggest that the next contest would go on for 10 days tops, because this one did drag a tiny bit. Other than that good hosting! You have really set a high standard for Jordan Pooley!
  • Options
    PooleyPooley Posts: 5,063
    Forum Member
    Actually i am serious. For Moldova last contest he found lots of songs but in whittling them down he threw a song in there from a toddler! I had to tell him no. This is what I mean about 'guide' He was paranoid about putting Marina in (even though he chose her:confused:). Basically, it was because Marina was a recent contestant and he was unsure...

good job you convinced him - Charlotte Church would have gone down like a sack of spuds i think - no offense to anyone haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The contest was brilliant in most aspects. Visually it was a real treat (Especially the Semi's. that was gorgeous!). I would suggest that the next contest would go on for 10 days tops, because this one did drag a tiny bit. Other than that good hosting! You have really set a high standard for Jordan Pooley!

haha thank you - it would have been shorter if i were a bit more organised haha - NOTE TO JORDAN BE ORGANISED :P - at least it'll be remembered haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha true :D Probably best not to make a dig at our next host though...

Katsuya may get Bosnia and Libya at this rate. :D
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Thanks to Pooley for doing such a grand job! :)

And thanks to everyone who supported Lithuania and Northern Ireland, I thought I was screwed when I got those two!

welcome back!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Actually i am serious. For Moldova last contest he found lots of songs but in whittling them down he threw a song in there from a toddler! I had to tell him no.
    You mean Cleopatra Stratan? I'm still annoyed Damien refused to let me enter that back in Dublin #1, and have been desperately waiting to get Moldova again so I can finally get them the victory they deserve! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i'm so happy i can go back to relaxing and enjoying this contest a bit more now - hosting is a bit more stressful than i thought - fun dnt get me wrong - but stressful haha
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    globbits wrote: »
    You mean Cleopatra Stratan? I'm still annoyed Damien refused to let me enter that back in Dublin #1, and have been desperately waiting to get Moldova again so I can finally get them the victory they deserve! :D

LOL :D Yes, but I will say to you the same as I told Jordan - just NO:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've watched enough Libyan state TV as of late to know what they like, at least.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    LOL :D Yes, but I will say to you the same as I told Jordan - just NO:eek:

Aww, how can anyone possibly refuse to give 12 points to this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmyo3uXYTcI
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe I am going to have an horrible streak of red across my wikia page now. At least I had a 2nd finalist to add some comfort. Though it didn't do as well as I hoped and nearly didn't make it at all.

For Armenia, I wasn't massively keen on the song, tho it wasn't as terrible as some people were making it out to be when it was first revealed. Maybe just a little bit on the dull side.

I was going to send Patrick Fiori (French eurovision representative in 1993) he father is Armenian, but thought it was a slight cheat and came across something authentically Armenian which was half decent. Seeing Shakira in the contest I wish I had have entered him now.
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    I've watched enough Libyan state TV as of late to know what they like, at least.

I just went to watch some and it's been taken off air. :( GUTTED.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    globbits what is that!! haha - it's like connie from bgt mixed with a robot
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was seriously considering entering this for Finland...how would it have done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjvE0TS6XrM
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is that a male or a female? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member

ok you lot are coming out with some crackers this evening - wtf is that :L
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What...the...??? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member

What is this I don't even...