View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 23:10
vaughan6477
Forum Member

I agree with some posters that the more recent Bond movies need to stop taking themselves so seriously and to be more like the older Bond films which you didn't have to so too hard on and did not carry tonnes of emotional baggage. I do not neccesarily mean like some of the farces such which Roger Moore and Pierce Brosnan starred in, just more in the vain of Sean Connerys.

I reckon that this will probably be Judi Dench's final appearance as M and possibly Daniel Craig's final outing as Bond? I believe that he initially signed a three-film contract with the option of a fourth (just like Pierce Brosnan). Who knows, maybe this will be his very own Goldfinger or The Spy Who Loved Me. Also, I wonder what is happening with the Moneypenny and Q situation, hopefully they will be back and as loveable as ever.
Sam Mendes apparently mentioned that Ben Whishaw has been cast in a role which he wasn't going to go into detail about. He's a pretty nerdy looking but fantastic actor , who was recently in the excellent beeb drama The Hour. I could buy him as Q for a new era of James Bond.
Naomi Harris said in the press conference that she was playing a field agent called Eve. That could be Moneypennys first name?
vaughan6477 is offline   Reply With Quote