Options

Am I the only who is slightly disappointed that Anthony Moon is leaving EE

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
Forum Member
✭✭
:eek:

I know it might shock some poeple but I am a Anthony Moon fan, I wish the writers had developed Anthony and Michaels relationship. Can't believe they've kept Tyler and axed Anthony. Such a waste, he was never given any good stories to grow.......

:(:(:(:o:cry: :eek:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed....

.....that Tyler's not leaving instead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed....

...plus the fact that he doesn't appear to be taking Toadface or Ben with him either :(
  • Options
    Shaun_ClarkShaun_Clark Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I agree with you, Anthony is also my favourite character and it's such a shame he has been axed :(

Can't understand why the producer axed Anthony but not Derek. Derek is not my favourite character and hope he leaves soon, I am going to miss Anthony when he leaves :(
  • Options
    cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    :eek:

I know it might shock some poeple but I am a Anthony Moon fan, I wish the writers had developed Anthony and Michaels relationship. Can't believe they've kept Tyler and axed Anthony. Such a waste, he was never given any good stories to grow.......

:(:(:(:o:cry: :eek:

I know what you mean, I loved the family unit of Eddie, Michael, Tyler, Anthony and Craig last year. Michael and Anthony's relationship should have been explored more, especially as their first scenes together were really interesting and something seemed quite odd about the way they spoke to each other. Oh well, as long as Michael stays, it's not all bad.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad it wasn't Tyler....I'd be devastated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is in no way my favourite character, but I do feel he has been axed without much development.

Tyler has been given more screentime and more storylines, and infact it has (slightly) improved the character. Maybe they should have extended the same courtesy to Anthony.

But then again I would struggle to think of what to do with him either. The gambling thing could be explored a bit more as could the relationship with Michael. But none of this is really meaty.

So yeah, im dissappointed, but I wont lose sleep over it.
  • Options
    rasborasbo Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I'm disappointed with is the fact he has gambling issues, has a disabled brother we never see, hes slept with 2 women.....but he will probably get some really stupid dull exit.

I'm not saying the character deserves a huge exit as such, but, with psyco Ben on the square, he should get involved with that a little bit. Maybe turn Ben into soaps first homosexual serial killer.
  • Options
    becsiebecsie Posts: 3,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no i'm disappointed aswell but he says on his twitter he wasn't sacked or axed,his contract is just ending.
    I liked him and was frustrated with him being sidelined. There was potential for storylines..ie his relationship with his family in the past and gambling that could have been explored now or in the future.

I think it is a shame but slightly accept it is probably best for the character and actor now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    becsie wrote: »
    no i'm disappointed aswell but he says on his twitter he wasn't sacked or axed,his contract is just ending.
    I liked him and was frustrated with him being sidelined. There was potential for storylines..ie his relationship with his family in the past and gambling that could have been explored now or in the future.

I think it is a shame but slightly accept it is probably best for the character and actor now.

His contract may have ended, but I have a feeling they weren't keen to renew it, so he's probably leaving "by mutual consent". It's a shame he never really got to develop as a character in his own right, but I won't really miss him. Michael doesn't really need him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed....

Thhiiiiissss.
  • Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony comes back. But i think it depends on Tyler development
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no i'm disappointed aswell but he says on his twitter he wasn't sacked or axed,his contract is just ending...

Well that kind of is being axed. EE have to stick to a contract, being axed means not being renewed.

The only time someone is 'sacked' is over gross misconduct etc which is rare.

He was axed.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 50,046
    Forum Member
    Nope, so am I.

I think they should keep him on still!

To quote Willy Wonka "Strike that Reverse It" is what the BBC/EE should do. Anthony is a good character and has loads of potential, keep him on!
  • Options
    Forum Member

They should have made him and Poppy a proper couple, they would have been a very good couple to watch generally I think. Very well suited they where too.

Boy they keepp axing the wrong people apart from Kat who I hope doesn't come back.
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    tyler must go soon unless his acting improves
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    They should have made him and Poppy a proper couple, they would have been a very good couple to watch generally I think.

Such great potential - what a waste! They could have shown him heading towards the much missed bookies with their rent money clutched in his sweaty hands - will he? won't he? Oh, the suspense...

And then they could have had a storyline together where Poppy would have helped Anthony to get over the rejection when his application to MENSA got turned down - they could have built this one up slowly and kept it going until Christmas I reckon...
  • Options
    Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed and a bit annoyed if i'm honest. As much as i love Eastenders they do tend to discard characters far to easily when all that is really needed is a bit of time and effort to develop characters. For me Anthony had the most potential and i agree that they should have kept Poppy as they were extremely well suited (unlike his relationship with Amira that was obviously just a poor plot device for her to leave). He has been sidelined and given virtually nothing of substance to do so its unfair to bill him as an unpopular character and its just more proof that the Eastenders writing team have no imagination where nice characters are concerned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MissFit wrote: »
    Such great potential - what a waste! They could have shown him heading towards the much missed bookies with their rent money clutched in his sweaty hands - will he? won't he? Oh, the suspense...

And then they could have had a storyline together where Poppy would have helped Anthony to get over the rejection when his application to MENSA got turned down - they could have built this one up slowly and kept it going until Christmas I reckon...

:rolleyes: They could have easily have developed them as a couple living together away from Tyler. You mock them, why not all of the previous and current couples or characters?
    What has been so great about any of them? Heathers murder imo is a joke compared with the murder of Eddie Royal and the brilliant aftermath etc.

Anthony is better than most of the current characters in my view and why he's been axed out of all of the rest I don't know. I think the actor that plays him plays the part well too.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyler should've left instead - no less because of the actor's antics. :mad:

Ant had potential - they didn't bother to showcase him on his own enough, though. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scorpio87 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed and a bit annoyed if i'm honest. As much as i love Eastenders they do tend to discard characters far to easily when all that is really needed is a bit of time and effort to develop characters. For me Anthony had the most potential and i agree that they should have kept Poppy as they were extremely well suited (unlike his relationship with Amira that was obviously just a poor plot device for her to leave). He has been sidelined and given virtually nothing of substance to do so its unfair to bill him as an unpopular character and its just more proof that the Eastenders writing team have no imagination where nice characters are concerned.

Completely agree. EE imo has lost the conceopt of having new long term characters these days and even killed off Pat when they could have written her out with the options of making occasional returns.

Archie could have been a great long term character had they not given him that twisted character. I thought it was such a waste to only have Larry Lamb for one long wrong storyline and then out.

Ronnie/Danielle could have been really good to watch too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree. EE imo has lost the conceopt of having new long term characters these days and even killed off Pat when they could have written her out with the options of making occasional returns.

Archie could have been a great long term character had they not given him that twisted character. I thought it was such a waste to only have Larry Lamb for one long wrong storyline and then out.

Ronnie/Danielle could have been really good to watch too.

I disagree with all of these!!! Pat had to die, Peggy didnt, and the idea that classic characters NEVER get killed off is really feeble. Pat went out on a high!

Archie was a classic soap villain. I liked what they did with him, but he always had a finite shelf life and needed to go at some point,

And Ronnie/Danielle??? Really??? I thought the whole idea of Ronnie 'discovering' her daughter when it was too late was a great bit of soap drama!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bleaney wrote: »
    I disagree with all of these!!! Pat had to die, Peggy didnt, and the idea that classic characters NEVER get killed off is really feeble. Pat went out on a high!

Archie was a classic soap villain. I liked what they did with him, but he always had a finite shelf life and needed to go at some point,

And Ronnie/Danielle??? Really??? I thought the whole idea of Ronnie 'discovering' her daughter when it was too late was a great bit of soap drama!!

Why did Pat have to die? Pam St Clement didn't want her too from I could make out.

Larry Lamb is a really good actor who should have been used for the long term too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did Pat have to die? Pam St Clement didn't want her too from I could make out.

Larry Lamb is a really good actor who should have been used for the long term too.

Pam St Clement doesnt run EE does she? Im sure no actor wants their character killed off, incase the money runs out and they need to pop back. But i honestly think it was the best thing that could be done with the character.

And with Archie, what would he be doing now if he was alive? Raping Whitney?
  • Options
    dannyl1989dannyl1989 Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't get why there is so much hate towards Tyler and Anthony in the first place. They are not that bad!
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anthony is better than most of the current characters in my view and why he's been axed out of all of the rest I don't know. I think the actor that plays him plays the part well too.

On paper he might be an interesting character, but he was poorly written and the actor was incredibly bad.

The Moon brothers were built up as the next big thing and they turned out to be the worst thing yet. Tyler's exit won't be far away.