View Single Post
Old 21-08-2012, 09:25
claire2281
Forum Member

No, that's why I said the fictional depiction of the permissive nature of the girls was a gross exaggeration.
I just said IF the girls had behaved in that fashion in any of the real life cases, Osborne might have had a point.
I think the fictional depiction of the girls character in this production was worrying, and could leave people with the wrong impression..unless I'm very out of touch it didn't appear the normal behaviour of 14 year old school girls.
It's not the norm but it DOES happen. Of course it does. What do you expect when you're bombarding these girls with a society and media that tells them sex sells? That their worth comes from their sexuality and how good looking they are? That sex is 'cool' and if you're not doing it you're some sort of social outcast?

It's a pity but it's absolutely true. Combine that with, say, a strained relationship with a parent or lack of ambition/feeling like there's not much worth working for, and this sort of thing will happen. Too many teenage girls DO do things like take compromising pictures of themselves.

But that doesn't mean that you victim-blame. They're generally naive girls. It's a pity they didn't look after themselves better but the blame totally lies with those who took advantage.
claire2281 is offline   Reply With Quote