Options

Revolution (US PACE) spoilers in tags

Comments

• Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    Okay just finished watching the 2nd episode, sorry but it may have it's fans but i just cannot follow the series anymore, there has been much better post-apocalyptic science fiction series than this one.

I thought the pilot was OK-ish but episode 2 was very disappointing. It's hard to think of any redeeming features which might give this some long-term watchability. It doesn't even have a level of naffness which makes it fun to watch despite it's problems.
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, Revolution rivals Nikita and The Walking Dead in body count per episode. Let them concentrate on a good story instead.
  • Options
    OnexOneOnexOne Posts: 3,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loving it so far...but then im a lost and heroes fan!
  • Options
    Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you want to read how this series should have been written checkout S M Stirlings Change Series of books,
    Dies the Fire (2004-07-01)
    The Protector's War (2005-09-06)
    A Meeting at Corvallis (2006-09-05)
    Very very different take on the lights going out
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    Okay just finished watching the 2nd episode, sorry but it may have it's fans but i just cannot follow the series anymore, there has been much better post-apocalyptic science fiction series than this one.

Have there? I've read plenty of great post-apocalyptic fiction, but I can't think of many outstanding tv series. The Walking Dead, perhaps, but there's a huge difference between zombie fiction and post-apocalypse. Jericho was good, but the whole town was still intact. Survivors was disappointing, and British anyway. Other than that, I've been crying out for something with the premise of Revolution for years. Sadly this is just terribly exxecuted, and I fear it'll put networks off producing a proper post-apocalyptic show for a while as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yakutz wrote: »
    Sadly this is just terribly exxecuted, and I fear it'll put networks off producing a proper post-apocalyptic show for a while as well.

That's what I worry about. It could have been a great series but it just wasn't thought out properly. I admit to being very disappointed.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    On the plus side it makes Terra Nova look like a masterpiece of gripping drama :D
  • Options
    DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    ntscuser wrote: »
    On the plus side it makes Terra Nova look like a masterpiece of gripping drama :D

WOW.... I tought Terra Nova was miles better than this crup, sorry but i hate shows being canned after a couple of episodes but Revolution is a certain for worse show of the year.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some shows are so bad that I keep watching them because I enjoy the trainwreck, rather than because I hope that they will improve. I think that this will be one of those, much like The Event and FlashForward.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    I wonder what the network will do - "Place on hiatus and re-tool" :D or simply cancel the show??:p I know the series has had good ratings, but both FF and TE started with good ratings too!
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Place on hiatus and re-tool... but then ultimately cancel anyway" :D

I won't give a crap if (when?) this does get cancelled.

I hope that Last Resort survives, though. *That* actually had a pilot that hooked me, plus good characters and an intriguing story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was just thinking that myself. Terra Nova may have been silly and full of plot holes but it did have some kind of charm which made it watchable. At the end of episode 2, I'm struggling to think of a reason to watch again.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Some shows are so bad that I keep watching them because I enjoy the trainwreck, rather than because I hope that they will improve. I think that this will be one of those, much like The Event and FlashForward.

Lol I'm the same :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    I wonder what the network will do - "Place on hiatus and re-tool" :D or simply cancel the show??:p I know the series has had good ratings, but both FF and TE started with good ratings too!

I can see the ratings dying by episode 7 or 8, maybe earlier. It already bled around 2 millions viewers in the second episode from 11m to 9m. The signs are not great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just for fun:

Flash Forward
    Episode/Viewers in M
    1 /12.47
    2 /10.75
    3 /9.05
    4 /9.07
    5 /9.88
    6 /8.97
    7 /8.57
    8 /8.28
    9 /7.98
    10/ 7.07
    HIATUS and RE-TOOLING
    11 /6.61
    12 /6.49
    13 /6.17
    14 /5.04
    15 /5.42
    16 /4.98
    17 /5.53
    18 /5.17
    19 /4.77
    20 /4.75
    21 /5.26
    22 /4.96

The Event
    Episode/ Viewers
    1/10.88
    2 /9.06
    3 /7.56
    4 /6.5
    5 /6.42
    6 /5.97
    7 /5.54
    8 /5.64
    9 /5.19
    10/ 5.83
    11 /5.23
    HIATUS and RE-TOOLING
    12 /5.23
    13 /4.26
    14 /4.11
    15 /4.53
    16 /4.14
    17 /3.85
    18 /4.62
    19 /4.14
    20 /3.85
    21 /4.07
    22 /4.89

Revolution
    Episode/ Viewers in M
    1 /11.65
    2 /9.21

So far, Revolution has had a better premiere than The Event, but is outranked by Flash Forward. However, Revolution has lost 2.44m viewers from Ep1 to Ep2. FF lost 1.73 and TE 1.82.

I wonder if the ratings dwindle will continue and if it will be comparable to the fast downward spiral that both TE and FF suffered!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that was a chore to get through.

The militia seem like pantomime villains especially the one who used a potato sack on the brother.

"you killed my friend".

I thought he was going to sulk.

The only bit that interests me is how did the electricity go out and how are those devices making it work again.

I have the Postman DVD for the militia stuff.
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting to give up after episode 3 but it probably had just enough to keep me going for another week.

Now I'm expecting to give up after episode 4:D
  • Options
    tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Revolution has just been picked up for a full season...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is going to be a fun ride :rolleyes: NBC has just handed a full season order to Revolution!

Am just about to sit down to watch episode 3, but if it continues to be as per the rpevious 2, I see Revolution heading the same way Flash Forward and The Event did! Rememebr those two shows also got full season orders and the network was stuck with them! If revolution continues the way it goes, I can so see it being placed on prolonged hiatus and going in for retooling :p

http://www.zimbio.com/Revolution/articles/2giV457g8bk/NBC+Gives+Full+Season+Order+Revolution+Go
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    I was expecting to give up after episode 3 but it probably had just enough to keep me going for another week.

Now I'm expecting to give up after episode 4:D

I think episode 3 was my last. There's too many new shows starting to keep track of and it's just not good enough or bad/funny enough to keep it up and none of the characters are even remotely interesting. If you can't remember anyone's name after 3 episodes then there is something seriously wrong with a show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Well i'm enjoying it, glad it's been picked up for a full season. I did laugh at "The Stand" reference
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    I laughed when the second-in command was shot by the sniper after the C.O. ordered him to send someone else. It's the first humorous bit I've seen in the show. There was also some decent action footage this week but I don't think I can take that pained expression on Charlie's face much more.

Has anyone else noticed the similarities between Aaron and Steve Wozniak?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Episode 3 No Quarter

No signs of improvement I think!

Episode 3 and the show still lacks scientific coherence. There is still no explanation as to why they have reverted to a non-power era by-passing all the other power alternatives that came before electricity! :rolleyes: Read an interesting thought online, where someone mentions that the nerdy computer guy is shocked at hearing music when, in the time since the power outage, someone would have thought of a mechanical device to play vinyl! But this show lacks scientifc logic so better best forget.

Much of episode 3 is devoted to developing the character of Miles who turns out to be one of the founding fathers of the militia :eek:. Seeing how he and his mate decided to take the law into their own hands to defend the innocent at least goes partly to explain the origins of the milita and how this subsequently got out of hand to become a dictator like regime. Still, there are many gaps to fill and I am sure that in due time they will explain.

This week there was no sign of the mother who provided the "shocker cliffhanger" last week...naughty of them to bait us like that at the end of last week's episode to then not make a reference about this this week! :mad:

The whole situation with the prisoner - brother is a bit mockable as was the "sodlier" guarding him! :yawn:

The Grace woman was nowhere to be seen this week, so we are yet to find out her fate following on from her "capture" last week!

Another question that is bugging me is - forgeting the whole "what are/how do they work USB things", once the USB things turn the power on (like they randomly did this week), where is the power coming from???? Are power stations still being run??? Surely they would have ceased to run, so the mere fact that they are not being run by anyone, means that even if the power were to come back, there would be no power being produced to distribute??????? :confused: Is the USB a power source itself rather than a switch????

Another interesting observation I have read about is the fact that when the woman's iphone comes back on (cue sentimental moment where she sees a photo of her kids :cry:), it displays the time and date of the power loss. Is this a hidden clue for the more eagle eyed viewer??? Does it have any meaning?? :confused::cool:

Im a curious one, and this is probably the only reason why I will keep watching - other than not wanting to miss out on the fun of seeing a show slowly lose itself and become sillier by the broadcast like FF and TE previously did :o. So Ill come back for episode 4 especially since NBC has now guaranteed we will now get a full season of Revolution! :rolleyes:

P.S Teh lead girl ought to be killed and should seek employment in a US daytimie soap! Also, in the same way I criticise, I will commend the show for its action scenes which are fun to watch!
  • Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I laughed when the second-in command was shot by the sniper after the C.O. ordered him to send someone else. It's the first humorous bit I've seen in the show. There was also some decent action footage this week but I don't think I can take that pained expression on Charlie's face much more.

Has anyone else noticed the similarities between Aaron and Steve Wozniak?
    As soon as he said used to work for google I thought "FFS they've even tried to add Woz."
    I haven't returned to this pap since the pilot either.
    Just read this thread for all I need to know on the subject :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing I do like is that the Monroe Militia seemed to have started out as good guys, but gradually became corrupt and power-hungry (by the time Miles Matheson decided to leave them) as institutes in real life tend to do. I think that's more realistic than the Monroe Militia starting out as bad guys from the beginning. Some posters may ask me how do I know this? I think the flashbacks pretty much highlighted Miles' motivation behind creating the Monroe Militia.

I believe he and Monroe created the Monroe Militia to be a kind of militaristic police force to bring order back to America, but Monroe became perverted by the power while Miles stayed true to his mission, hence their friendship began to deteriorate. I'm guessing some sort of internal power struggle went on between them which Monroe ultimately won. Miles then went on the run and settled in Chicago.