Options

Heart TV

13»

Comments

• Options
    markelliottmarkelliott Posts: 3,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart TV is great so far and I love the presentation. They play a lot more variety and obscure stuff than most of the other channels and it's definitely offering something different which is great. I can see it being very popular, especially with people aged over 25.

Club Classics and Heart Party yesterday afternoon and evening were great for 80s/90s/00s dance, r&b and hip hop. I only heard a couple of repeats in about six hours. :)

I also like it how Global have stuck the DOGs on these channels in the top right corners. It's rare to see them in this position on UK channels these days and reminds me of channels like MTV back in the 90s. :)
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears to be not so bad so far. Far far better than Capital.
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. I guess capital is ok for a quick tune in for a hit music fix and heart is more for older people and more songs.
  • Options
    unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart is much better than Capital but the only problem is Heart TV is almost exactly the same as Bliss.

On the plus side, I haven't seen Adele yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I was right with my post yesterday the same songs being played tonight as last night but in different order. Still like the channel but sadly global living up to their promise of poor playlists as normal but I will continue to watch on occasions to see if the playlists change bit I'm not holding my breath but the presentation of the channel is Nice.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Heart TV is great so far and I love the presentation. They play a lot more variety and obscure stuff than most of the other channels and it's definitely offering something different which is great. I can see it being very popular, especially with people aged over 25.

Club Classics and Heart Party yesterday afternoon and evening were great for 80s/90s/00s dance, r&b and hip hop. I only heard a couple of repeats in about six hours. :)

I also like it how Global have stuck the DOGs on these channels in the top right corners. It's rare to see them in this position on UK channels these days and reminds me of channels like MTV back in the 90s. :)

Sounding interesting. I'm 22 and absolutely fed up with channels that show the Top 40 on a loop. I tend to watch the likes of VH1 more than MTV. What sort of more obscure stuff did they play? Anything interesting?
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inner Circle - Sweat - Not heard that for ages.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Sounding interesting. I'm 22 and absolutely fed up with channels that show the Top 40 on a loop. I tend to watch the likes of VH1 more than MTV. What sort of more obscure stuff did they play? Anything interesting?

Same i too am fed up of Top 40 on a loop there's no escaping it no matter what channel you want to watch probably MTV Classic and Vintage is where you not going to hear it but for the rest its everywhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same i too am fed up of Top 40 on a loop there's no escaping it no matter what channel you want to watch probably MTV Classic and Vintage is where you not going to hear it but for the rest its everywhere.

I don't hear it much on MTV Dance or VH1 either. MTV Dance does play some chart music (since when was Cheryl Cole considered dance??) but at the moment they're playing old school dance. They often play a lot of 90s and 00s stuff. VH1 are playing 90s and 00s pop at the moment. As I type this I'll Stand By You by Girls Aloud is on. I don't really care about the charts as much as I used to.
  • Options
    unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hear it much on MTV Dance or VH1 either. MTV Dance does play some chart music (since when was Cheryl Cole considered dance??) but at the moment they're playing old school dance. They often play a lot of 90s and 00s stuff. VH1 are playing 90s and 00s pop at the moment. As I type this I'll Stand By You by Girls Aloud is on. I don't really care about the charts as much as I used to.

Was it a dance remix of Under The Sun by Cheryl Cole?

Clubland TV plays The Alias Remix which I like but I hate the original (and any other Cheryl Cole song for that matter)

Heart has only been broadcasting for less than 3 days and I'm already bored of it. Both Heart and Capital are failures in my eyes.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »

Heart has only been broadcasting for less than 3 days and I'm already bored of it. Both Heart and Capital are failures in my eyes.

This is the type of comment that is often seen in the radio forum with regards to Heart and Capital. Yet surprisingly they're both extremely popular with average, non-DS listeners. We'll have to wait and see if the TV channels prove to be the same, the poor channel numbers on Sky won't help but maybe all the on air promotion will.

There seems to be good feedback about the production values and the way the videos segue together
    http://earshot.tvi.gg/2012/10/how-heart-and-capital-tv-have-learned-from-radio/
  • Options
    my78my78 Posts: 397
    Forum Member

then watch MTV with all that crap reality shows and david guetta on a 24/7-loop
  • Options
    TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Heart simply because it plays good music and their section is rather interesting obviously like every music channel it will play some songs that i might not like but Heart's playlists are mostly great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was it a dance remix of Under The Sun by Cheryl Cole?

Clubland TV plays The Alias Remix which I like but I hate the original (and any other Cheryl Cole song for that matter)

I think it was. They also played Call My Name. I don't really like any Cheryl songs apart from 3 Words and Parachute.
  • Options
    dom5491dom5491 Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    Can i just say i am loving Heart TV i loving the graphics and trasnsitions between the music videos, also i am liking the fact they have used Time Tunnel, Club Classics, Heart Party and The Late Show elements. Does any one know weither they are useing All 80's All Night or a overnight show of some sort?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are not doing that yet but you.never know given time they might do that.
  • Options
    chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Heart is slowly becoming one of my favourite channels.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heart is slowly becoming one of my favourite channels.

Should pick up viewers who are tried of 24/7 Christmas music on MTV Classic/VH1/Bilssmas and Christmas Hits TV, Don't ask why they playing Xmas music in November:(
  • Options
    RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should pick up viewers who are tried of 24/7 Christmas music on MTV Classic/VH1/Bilssmas and Christmas Hits TV, Don't ask why they playing Xmas music in November:(
    Well Heart are already playing Christmas music on the radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heart tv went off air tonight for about 10 mins and at The moment instead of club classics they are playing more music variety so something went wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    love it