View Single Post
Old 25-10-2012, 13:48
nicmars
Forum Member

Rihanna, Britney, Christina and Katy are very clearly inspired by Madonna and admit it. They have never ripped her off or directly copied her. Gaga however has clearly lifted several of Madonna's signature themes mainly from the 1989 to 1993 era and tried to pass them off as her own ''art''. Thats the difference between the others and Gaga. Not that I am trying to start a Gaga war but the difference is clear. That is why Gaga is always singled out. Being inspired is one thing. Copying is another.

As for Beyonce. She is NOTHING like Madonna. They are poles apart as artists. But on the subject of Beyonce she has had more claims of plagiarism and dodgy song writing credits than Madonna ever has. At least Madonna has a distinctive writing style so even as producers come and go you can tell she has a huge imput in the lyrics of her songs.
I never said Rihanna, Britney, Christina and Katy are ripping off Madonna. I said that they have copied other people which prompted people to call it stealing, but when Madonna does it then it's inspiration.

Gaga is inspired by David Bowie and Grace Jones before Madonna. You can clearly see the influence of them on Gaga. Madonna fans just like to believe that Gaga is stealing from Madonna when she also admitted that Madonna has inspired her during her life.

I've said some harsh things about Beyonce on this forum but if we come to facts, she only had 2 lawsuits, and 1 of them wasn't about the credits of the song (Des'ree track). The other claims are just blog rumours and crazy youtube videos.

You make it seem like Madonna is the girls' only inspiration. Gaga's is inspired by David Bowie and Grace Jones. Britney Spears is inspired Whitney Houston, Otis Redding and Mariah Carey. Rihanna's idol growing up is Beyonce and also inspired by Mariah Carey. Christina's main inspiration is Etta James and many old skool musicians.