View Single Post
Old 17-11-2012, 12:14
GARETH197901
Forum Member

Thats impossible. The unlimited card started in July 2000. I know this for a fact. UGC took over from Virgin Cinemas in 2000. In 1999 Virgin Cinemas introduced the megapass which you paid 15 for four weeks of unlimited cinema or 25 for eight weeks. But when it ran out you had to buy another one. When UGC took over they introduced the Unlimited card to phase out the megapass. The unlimited card meant having unlimited access all the time on a subscription without having to renew which still stands today. Fortunateky Cineworld kept the scheme going when they took over in 2005. I got my unlimited card in August 2000 when it had been going for about a month. The first film i saw with it was Mission Impossible 2. But the unlimited card did not exist in December 1999. That is a fact. I will be interested to see how long they say i have been a member for.

Correct,i did subscribe to the Megapass paying 25 quid for the 2 months for a while then when UGC took over the Wigan cinema i upgraded to Unlimited and kept that up till the day Cineworld sold it to Empire(because the competition commission said they had too many cinemas in the area),resubscribed earlier in the year when i had heard the Leigh Cineworld had opened,i should receive my Black Card at the end of May
GARETH197901 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote