View Single Post
Old 18-12-2012, 21:26
Brekkie
Forum Member

Dancing On Ice lineup looks pretty good. But will it be enough to increase ratings ? If not, then ITV are going to be in hot water.
Also it's airing an hour earlier this year with live shows at 6.15pm and results at 8.30pm for the first two weeks.

One show we haven't much discussed is The Snowman and Snowdog. It has been getting lots of preview space and brilliant write ups in the quality papers. And I noticed today its got pride of place on the front of the festive RT!

When did a non BBC show ever feature on the front of the Christmas RT?

I can only think of a handful of BBC ones that have to be fair.

Anyway, I think it could produce the ratings shock of the festive season, even against Corrie and Merlin. Could it get 7m? 8m?

10m?

Look at Wallace and Gromit 4 years ago - 14.4m on the night, 16.2m official (24m inc +1*)

(* plus 1 week, that is... )
Absolutely no chance thanks to stupid C4 schedulers putting it at 8pm against the second half of Corrie and the last ever Merlin. Had they rejigged their schedules and put it at 6.30pm it would probably have done signicantly better.

We've said it millions of times before but Jay Hunt doesn't have a clue when it comes to C4 - and scheduling has let so many shows down over the last year or two. She's scheduling big shows in the same way she'd schedule them if they were on BBC1 - when in reality C4 scheduling has always had to be smarter than that and take it's chances at points where BBC1 and ITV1 are usually weak.

And it seems Mr Selfridge has been pushed back a week so Ripper Street now has a 2 week head start: https://twitter.com/Coops_tv/status/281032226706161666
I'd guess that's just a typo - it's still showing on Digiguide for the 6th and I'm sure those schedules are locked in now.
Brekkie is offline Follow this poster on Twitter