Thread: Les Miserables
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 20:05
alisonrose3764
Forum Member

Sorry, American's didn't exactly love this movie. It made about 18 million in America opening day and was behind 2 other movies. The complaint appears to be the fact they didn't use actors who could really do justice to singing the songs. It is a musical that was turned into a movie and the songs are an iconic part. Maybe the singing is just a personal preference, but movies here get one maybe 2 weekends to make back their money, if this doesn't do it, doesn't matter how good Anne acted, the movie will be considered a flop.
I had to queue to watch the film on Christmas Day in Las Vegas - and the second show was sold out. It was the biggest ever Xmas Day opener so really not sure what makes you think the yanks don't love it.
It was expected to take $12M on opening day and smashed that so again not sure where your info comes from.
Reviews, box office and general interest in it seemed pretty huge! Its going to be a monster movie
Have seen it twice now and loved it - my only slight criticism is that I think Cosette is just a bit Disney for my liking - a bit high pitched and girlie - but its nit picking!
alisonrose3764 is offline   Reply With Quote