View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 11:07
Keyser Soze
Forum Member

The point I was making is anyone can say anything.
It's PROVING it.
And it does help that the person is still alive so he can at least defend himself.
Remember the old saying?
Innocent until proven guilty.
You would think not.
How many so-called Celebrities recently have been arrested and charged with NOTHING.
And I mean NOTHING.
Think back to John Lesley.
Charged with nothing; but his career was over.
So it's ok for anyone to make an acusation and never question it?
Over 600 alleged victims came forward.
Don't you think signs and compensation MIGHT have crossed some of their minds.
Oh no, perish the thought!
And Jimmy Savile is still dead.
Many of his victims are still alive though. They are human beings, too.

You might be the kind of person who is greedy and only thinks of the money, but not everyone is like that.

As I've posted before; any case that's in the news will attract a tiny minority of fantasists and attention seekers, or people after money.

However, the majority of people who go through the turmoil of going to the police, and reporting what happened (which will no doubt bring back horrible memories for them) are genuine. That's my opinion.

I think Savile's money should be shared around charities and given as anoymous donations to those charities so none of them have a moral dilemma about it.

His victims deserve closure of some kind though. I hope they get it.

As for other people being accused, I have also posted before that I think false accusations are disgraceful and can ruin a person's life. But if someone reports a crime to the police, the police must investigate it.

This nasty 'oh, they are all in it for compensation', 'they didn't complain when it happened' 'you don't ask for anyone's birth certifcate' 'she shouldn't have been dressed like that' 'she was begging for it' attitude stinks.

If one person makes a false accusation does that mean that all people who make accusations are lying? No it does not.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...58362&page=163
Please sign in or register to remove this advertisement.