View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 16:55
alfster
Forum Member

All he is doing here is trying to challenge some of society's attitudes to paedophilia in a calm and rational manner. There's certainly nothing calm and rational about the usual "depraved beasts who ought to be strung up", nor the "every man is a potential paedophile" arguments.....that's just outright hysteria and paranoia.
Indeed, I agree to an extent.

My first sentence in that post was very much a rhetorical question to 'Keyser Soze' on their comment to 'Beachhhhhhh' of "I have no time for abuse-apologists.".

I thought Beachhh's comments were in that vein as well.

Innocent until proven guilty doesn;t seem to be the way it goes whne it comes to things like this and as is seen with John lesley destroys careers and lives even if there is a mere suggestion in some cases especially when people say 'No smoke with out fire.'...well, there can be smoke with out fire if someone throws a smoke-grenade into someone's life.

Here's someone else who had trial by media - luckily he has come out of it fairly OK in the end.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/no...-press-inquiry

It is why 'we' have to be careful about these sort of arrests and accusations...even if the seeming suggested evidence is overwhelming.