View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 13:59
coldcomfort
Forum Member

I think it's very telling that she is one of ?seven or eight? children, and not one of them even sent her a Christmas card, or rang to say hi. Blood is supposed to be thicker than water, I have family members I'm not too fond of but at least I send them a card. I find it really difficult to get my head around how she can't possibly consider herself to blame for her lack of friendships or people who give a toss about her - even having sat and listed all the reasons why she's totally unlikeable.
The trouble with people like her is that she's never at fault but everyone else is, like those people who gleefully dish out the insults but can't take them themselves. Tiresome, vacuous individuals.
On the subject of pet cats, I had one 30 odd years ago, called Fred. He was only a couple of years old when he contracted cat leukaemia and the vet told us the kindest thing would be to have him put down. Poor little Fred, even on his last day with us, he was going to his cat litter to be sick and then coming to me for a cuddle; I still weep when I remember this. I cried solidly for two days after he went, but as I was standing at the sink, washing up, I saw him running across the room towards me in the kitchen, then he vanished. I know lots of people don't believe in ghosts, but I think he came to say goodbye to me properly, as he looked as fit and well as he had done before his illness. I have much treasured photos of him.
coldcomfort is offline   Reply With Quote