View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 18:44
missfrankiecat
Forum Member

Actually, no. I think Elton was a big selfish self-involved baby himself until relatively recently. He has more or less said this about himself in interviews over the years. Surely it's good that he didn't go down that route until he gained 'maturity' himself?

I just see two really happy people thrilled to bits with late fatherhood.
I don't think, bless him, that Elton's behaviour has matured all that much recently - try reading the reviews from people at various shows in Las Vegas last year when he threw tantrums, cut short performances etc or listen to his foul mouthed rant against Madonna by way of example. The big step forward was about 15 - 20 years ago when he got most of his addictions under control to his enormous credit (and possibly David's too!) but his oft witnessed public behaviour with fans and within the industry suggest he remains an unpredicatable egotist who considers his wants and needs override other people's. In itself, that is nothing to do with him being a parent - it's a common problem with supremely talented entertainers who have had their every whim pandered to all their lives and I would be the last person to suggest they are not, all things being equal, capable of being adequate parents (especially if the other parent is able to compensate). But to suggest that Elton is in some way a fundamentally 'reformed' or different character from when he was a young or even middle aged man is simply ignoring the facts as we are aware of them.
missfrankiecat is offline   Reply With Quote