View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 20:16
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

It is unlawful for any local authority to discriminate against gay people as adopters or fosterers. I work for several local authorities who are proactive in seeking gay and lesbian couples and individuals to adopt and especially foster. You don't want to believe everything you read in the papers!

I don't believe in paid surrogacy no. I simply don't understand how paying someone (usually desperate and in a third world country) to rent their womb is regarded with any less abhhorence than we would regard, for example. taking their kidney for payment (as opposed to willingly and freely for a friend or loved one donated).
OK, point taken re the LA's and adoption & fostering by gay couples. But that doesn't answer my question. What about couples who want their own children and not someone else's?

Do you think they shouldn't be able to have them if they can find a woman who'll act as a surrogate? I agree with DD, the BiB is totally outside the remit of this conversation and a different matter altogether.
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote