View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 19:01
lexi22
Inactive Member

Tarantino's cinematic 'Marmite', you either love him or *puts tin hat on*....... Imho QT seems overrated, a movie-nerd who takes clips from his favourite obscure films , remakes them with American actors - then claims the credit. So he's kind of lucky to be of interest to C4 news, as opposed to an interviewer from a late night film buff show. Saying that, KGM was being cheeky in trying to raise the sensitive topic of the Sandy Hook killings, especially to an American film maker. On the other hand, given all the practice QT says he has had dealing with similar questions ... no problem, I would have thought
Call me picky but when a director is being interviewed anout a film he's currently promoting, what I want to hear is the director talking about the movie, and the interviewer giving him the opportunty to do just that, not self-indulgently point-score so lazily and tediously as KGM did. QT and the cast (Jamie Foxx and Sam L Jackson in particular) have done some excellent interviews and discussions re DJango and its subject matter, and if KGM is incapable of providing that platform, then he should leave it to those who can and who actually have an interest in the movie.
lexi22 is offline   Reply With Quote