View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 12:23
jack patterson
Forum Member

Thats a worry, that somehow people in power can afford legal representation that can stall charges etc., or that they can make victims believe thats the case, that they have the power to inflict enough on them to stop them from pursuing such a case. It must take an awful lot of courage to take on someone well known in the entertainment business, known to have millions, with a big fanbase and contacts I don't know if I could have done it if it were me... I guess the concern is the presence of corruption at certain levels - *if* the police were paid off (Im not saying they were, I wouldn't know), who is going to discover and reveal that? that might be a bit paranoid but im suspicious of the talk he made about having contacts and being able to help friends if they need something 'got rid of' and all of that sort of talk... its probably more likely he knew little bits of things here and there and would threaten to reveal, if it would put staff in trouble if they passed something on, it would make them think twice about it?. I seem to remember an interview with someone at one of the hospitals saying he would have lost his job if he reported something he saw because JS threatened to get him fired if he made an official complaint and he had a family and obviously they were dependent on him, so he felt relunctantly he had to stay quiet.
You obviously don't understand a public service job in which in those days it was very hard to get fired from.
So yes of course the unions and his co-workers would have let that go without a fight wouldn't they?- get real

Didn't do this guy any good and he had the most respected QC in the land and two young girls were willing to testify against him,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Adamson

makes a mockery of 'people were too scared and naive to do anything' way back in the 1980s doesn't it?