View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 16:31
skp20040
Forum Member

I imagine that may have gone through the minds of many women lately, although I'd hope that peoples morals would stop them from doing that - I'd feel awful to know I'd made up something like that, on principle. I'm not a practicing Christian or anything like that but I do feel a God of some sorts exists whom judges me on doing something like that.

I think at the end of the day, if even one claim of rape (or sexual assault) is genuine, thats one too many. What I'm not sure about is if their able to screen claimants to try and check legitimacy, or is that really not possible because of how old the claims are?. There's something very sad if people in their tens or hundreds make a decision to fabricate a story like that, I'd hope it isn't the case but I see your point that it could/would be easy to do so. Perhaps I've been too leniant on believing the 'victims' but in a case like this, isn't it worse to doubt incase they are genuine? if there are clear aspects to someones story or accusation that just don't add up then thats different and certainly worth highlighting but im just a bit cautious to believe a majority of claimants have another motive for speaking up now, other than wanting to be heard, believed and move on after so long...
The bit that worries me is the media made it so easy for any dubious person to make up a story, they printed his MO in the stories they ran before the investigation commenced. Now I would assume the majority are true, but with the numbers there has to be a few which are not.

The bit that does concern me is for instance the solicitor on the news stating they are taking statements now and have people all over the world gatehring them, these have not been reported to police as of yet one would assume if they have only now contacted the alw firm. Will these statements be handed to police or will the lawyers just make a group claim from their clients ? I would say for any compensation claim to be masde the victim must have reported the crime to the police not just a no win no fee solicitor, and I am sure any genuine victim would have no problem with that, I am also sure many genuine victims are not interested in the money aspect.

Sadly we live in a World where Savile got away with his crimes but also where some rather nasty people will use that to jump on a bandwagon for some free cash, it cheapens the whole case but they wont care about that.
skp20040 is offline Follow this poster on Twitter