View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 17:45
IzzyS
Forum Member

The bit that worries me is the media made it so easy for any dubious person to make up a story, they printed his MO in the stories they ran before the investigation commenced. Now I would assume the majority are true, but with the numbers there has to be a few which are not.

The bit that does concern me is for instance the solicitor on the news stating they are taking statements now and have people all over the world gatehring them, these have not been reported to police as of yet one would assume if they have only now contacted the alw firm. Will these statements be handed to police or will the lawyers just make a group claim from their clients ? I would say for any compensation claim to be masde the victim must have reported the crime to the police not just a no win no fee solicitor, and I am sure any genuine victim would have no problem with that, I am also sure many genuine victims are not interested in the money aspect.

Sadly we live in a World where Savile got away with his crimes but also where some rather nasty people will use that to jump on a bandwagon for some free cash, it cheapens the whole case but they wont care about that.
I agree, the press printed too much. I honestly feel sorry for the genuine victims that there's this extra doubt because of the numbers involved and such lawyers chasing after monetary compensation really don't help the matter - I agree, anyone persuing a claim should have their story lodged with the police.

I saw a piece on the BBC News channel this morning with Liz Dux, she seems alright. She was saying that their going to wait for the outcome of all the remaining investigations before putting in the claim for the people she represents, for financial compensations - unless the investigations go on for too long (years?) but she said that they really ought to wait for the outcomes to be published first, its foolhardy to just go after money from the get-go, without having the full picture, I think of the extent of involvement or lack of responsibility by the different organisations etc.(?). I think she said its not really about the money but about the victims being recognised, acknowledged and believed, thats what they want more than anything else - obviously victims had hoped for prosecution but now thats physically impossible, their only available course of action as far as getting something to symbolise the publics apology I suppose(?) is to put a claim in to his estate - other than that, what can they offer the victims? maybe some would argue they shouldn't be offered anything but after some of these people may have suffered for decades in silence with trust issues and low self esteem, depression, doubting themselves, wondering if their a fantasist or thinking no-one would believe them if they spoke up etc. - is that really fair?