View Single Post
Old 14-01-2013, 02:09
Rich Tea.
Forum Member

My opinion is that Saturday night telly has always been awful. Apart from Doctor Who and The Generation Game. Remember the bad old days of the 1980s when ITV used to show Metal Mickey or Small Wonder? Or god help us Duncan Norvelle with his 'jokey' "Chase me, chase me!"
Must admit I loved 3-2-1 back in the 80's as a young teen, and about a year ago I would have said that it was what Saturday night TV should be about, but having watched a few in the past year on the Challenge channel my illusions were totally shattered to pieces at how dated, poor and bad the entertainment acts were, and the very middle class, all white couples, married of course! It was yuck. Not to mention that stupid mechanical bin, and Ted's little finger gesture. I'd not give it 3 fingers nowadays, definitely a 2 finger gesture!

But Ted Rogers was meant to have been a decent and lovely chap, so I'll bow to that, but that's all.

My personal hope was for the bin to get won, which it did not do so nearly enough for my liking.
Rich Tea. is offline   Reply With Quote