View Single Post
Old 14-01-2013, 08:21
Becky Sharpe

Ooh, an old-chestnut combo: 'Waah - reward cards are for little people!' [Boots call theirs 'Advantage Cards' btw], and 'Only cheap and nasty products are sold 'buy-one-get-one-free!''. If I were the manager of the Hatton Garden branch of Boots I would question the, um, veracity of these anecdotes - and point the company lawyers in the direction of many similar articles. Such as....:
7 November 2009 The other day, I was in Boots buying cotton wool and my special £8.95-a-tube toothpaste, and the assistant said: 'There is a two-for-one offer on this. I'll hang on while you go back and get another one.'

'But I don't want two,' I whined. 'I can't be bothered to walk back to the aisle and get another one.' It is that sort of attitude that has proved my downfall.
In [13 August 2012 ] Harrods, where they are more helpful, they still repeat the mantra, robot fashion: ‘Do you have a Harrods reward card?’ When I bark that no, I don’t, and they are the sixth person within ten minutes to ask me that very question, they almost start to cry.
[20 August 2009 ] When you finally stagger in to pay, they ask you which pump you were at.

How on earth would I know? Then you put your card in, key in about a million numbers, and they ask if you have a loyalty card.

'No, I don't. I have too many things in my wallet and I DON'T WANT A NECTAR CARD
23 April 2011... + Ad infinitum
< sad nerd emoticon>
Becky Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote