Thread: HMV are crafty
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2013, 14:20
brobinso
Forum Member

Just saw this on BBC News "The firm said it would not be accepting gift vouchers or issuing any more." Here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21021073

I'm really fuming about this and as far as I am concerned both HMV and their administrators are cheating, lying and thieving bastards. I don't know how they are allowed to get away with this, they have 20 of my money (and I'm sure others are in the same boat) and now I am going to get nothing, through no fault of my own, exactly how is that any different to stealing?

Why are they allowed to do this, why should they be allowed to simply dismiss their responsibility to their customers (honouring gift vouchers that might have only been purchased mere weeks before the collapse) because they have gone into administration.

I know to some 20 isn't much but to me its an awful lot as I'm unemployed and what little I have goes on essentials, that voucher would have been a nice little treat for myself if it wasn't for thieving gits like HMV.
The decision not to accept gift cards has been made by the administrators, not HMV. They're trying to find a way for the business to continue so need to do whatever they can to make this a smooth process. They desperately need to raise money which is why the stores are still trading, but unfortunately means they won't be accepting gift cards.

With any luck, HMV may be able to continue trading (in a reduced number of stores I suspect) and may even honour existing gift cards. The same thing happened with Game last year, but the new owners decided to honour gift and loyalty cards when they came out of administration.

If HMV do go completely, you may be able to make a claim against the administrators for your credit, but I can imagine staff wages and suppliers will be addressed as their main priority.
brobinso is offline   Reply With Quote