View Single Post
Old 15-01-2013, 23:04
Airborae
Forum Member

I imagine a lot of people out there share your sentiments, with me being one of them. I do feel by and large throughout the calendar year, the mainstream terrestrial channels in particular saturated with x factor and SLD and what's even more painful if having to endure the same presenters as well as these so-called 'celebs' who persist in courting tv audiences it really is pathetic.

Gameshows 2 to 3 decades ago for example I imagine are probably more missed because the contestants were ordinary family orientated and down to earth people you could relate to.

There was no attitude or facade about them. And there was a lot more pleasantness and grace.

Now it's a silly soapbox!
It was The X Factor and Pop Idol that really changed Saturday night TV in the opening years of this century. But luckily they are going down the pan and losing viewers. Simon Cowell wants to know what's going wrong. I'll tell him.

"It's a crap show mate, it's not a contest anymore, just heated debates between judges who have no right to be judges, acts who you'll never hear of again (and that's the final 12 including the winner) and treating the audience as complete idiots."

There. Got that off my chest.
Airborae is offline   Reply With Quote