View Single Post
Old 20-01-2013, 01:57
allafix
Forum Member

I disagree. To be honest I really don't care about theme tunes for the main part, it's programme content that I'm interested in. I think the content of Britain's Brightest is streets ahead of Splash.
I can't agree. Britain's Brightest is just dull. I don't get the appeal of Claire Balding as a presenter at all either (I must be in the minority of those who thought she was poor in the Olympics, though not the worst by a mile). Guessing people's ages is hardly a sign of brightness, so how does that get in the format? And spelling tests. Yet it's all done with a terrible clunky seriousness as if it's Mastermind. Maybe more exciting things happen later on in the show, I didn't bother to hang around and find out. Splash on the other hand is so awful that it's mesmerising to watch to see if it can get any worse. It is the ultimate in car crash TV, you can't take your eyes off it. And of course the prospect of z listers in speedos hitting the water at painful angles makes it almost worthwhile sitting through.
allafix is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote