Thread: Les Miserables
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2013, 13:25
The Fozzmeister
Forum Member

I went to see this last week and, as soon as the opening bars started I thought it was in for a treat. 20 minutes later I was bored out of my skull.

I've seen the stage show 4 times, and forgot how many times I've watched the 10th anniversary DVD, and the film is a long way behind all of them. I get that they were trying to make the film 'raw' and 'real' by having the actors sing live, but all that happened was most of the really emotional lines that should be belted out were reduced to either speaking or whispers. Bring him home was rubbish, I dreamed a dream was rubbish, One more day was rubbish, empty chairs was rubbish, etc.

Really disappointed to be honest. I thought Sacha Baron Cohen and Bonham Carter were well out of their depth. Master of the house is one of the highlights of the show but it was absolutely terrible, neither of them can sing and, again, some of the lines that should have had the most impact were nowhere near being good enough.

It'll probably sweep up at the Oscars, but I doubt I'll watch it again. So disappointed.
The Fozzmeister is offline   Reply With Quote