Thread: Les Miserables
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2013, 16:29
fredster
Forum Member

Haven't the time to read through the pages of comments in this thread, but I am glad to read now that people, like me, dislike (rather intensely) Hugh's version of Bring Him Home.

But I suspect it's Tom Hooper's fault here. I am sure, in his umpteenth take on the song, there must some he sang it like a quiet plea/prayer to God, and some where he screams and shouts. I mean, how can the characters (Marius, the students sleeping) possibly not be woken up by his loud entreaty??? I blame this almost entirely on the director for picking a version, apparently for the sake of being different from the soft, pensive and heart-breaking intercession song that made this solo so famous world over...
I saw Colm Wilkinson as Valjean, his" Bring him " was wonderful'
I have just brought the film track and have to say was a little disappointed, Russel Crowe was poor and so was Helena Bonham Carter. Maybe on the big screen they were better?
I got the CD from amazon, and for 10 got the original stage version as well. No comparison. The film track does not have all the songs.
fredster is offline   Reply With Quote