View Single Post
Old 22-01-2013, 12:14
Linda_Danvers
Forum Member

The Express story is full of holes - most obviously that it's not about abuse, it's focus is 'Satanism' of the hysterical fundamentalist or Hollywood variety (see the Satanic abuse stories of the 80S/90s ).
Only Savile is alleged to have abused her, and that would require all the other participants to have been facilitators, stooges in an enormous ruse to enable him - when he's not shown any need to disguise his predeliction both earlier and later. That, or they are supposed to be engaged in a 'genuine' Satanic event, in spite of the comical outbursts and Savile still holding a Cigar while wearing a mask. An event modelled on completely fictitious ideas of what one would look like.
The claimant concludes that her parents (who they say consented) were 'well known Satanists' - once again directing the focus of the piece not towards sexual abuse but alleged 'un-christian' activities. Savile appears in the story only to make it more lurid - and it's highly doubtful they'd have run the piece if he hadn't featured.
From what I understood, it was the writer who said Savile used a mask, not the "victim" and the whole ritual seemed to me more a staged act to scare her. A sadistic thing. Not that I believe in the story.

About "ritual abuse", I used to be of the same opinion of you. I'm not sure Wikipedia is the best source of info and so of the cases in the article remain "inconclusive". There seemed to be a "moral panic" about day care institutions in the 80's and early 90's that undermined the whole idea, especially in the US.

Then I watched this German documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUzQ7aqFyiU

(It is in five parts. Terrible stuff)

And I'm not sure if I don't believe it anymore. The problem with "ritual abuse" is that the idea was hijacked by christians fundamentalists and conspiracy theorists, who thinks the world is controlled by Illuminati/Masons/Satan Worshippers/Jews colluded with the Catholic Church, etc. If there is "ritual abuse" these people are not helping.