View Single Post
Old 22-01-2013, 18:59
earthling13
Forum Member

Years ago I saw Roy Hattersley (Labour MP) standing alone on a platform at New street staton looking as though he was overseeing his estate. Everybody was veering around him with about 15 feet to spare.
Saw Paul Mccartney 3 days in a row when he was at the High Court for his divorce hearing. I'm a huge fan and waited to see him (not expecting him to acknowledge us). We were stood at a private bit away from the press. Each morning he made eye contact and said a cheery "Good morning". He didn't have to do that as we were just standing there gawping at him. Shows he's a polite person in my book. (I'm a HUGE fan so it made my year!)
Well I've no personal experience of either of these but I do know someone who lives not far from Roy and he says he's a nice bloke who always stops and chats for a while. Might help that my friend is a leftie though! And another friend has a daughter who was at school with Pauls youngest and saw both Paul and Heather (post divorce) regularly on the school run. Both were friendly with no airs and graces.
earthling13 is offline   Reply With Quote