View Single Post
Old 24-01-2013, 13:00
CyrilTheWasp
Forum Member

no I don't think really it warrants more than a few minutes quite honestly - storm in a teacup for sure....streaky bacon is absolutely right ....

.other news well think Europe issue a touch more important_ or perhaps changes to A levels, apple's peaking as tech company, or the massive immigration backlog......
any one of those I cant believe (unless deliberately trying to be a DA) you think would be less worthy of a proper discussion than footballer kicks ball hits teen ......
I quite agree.

Such is the dumbed down nature of 5live you almost know instinctively what level of topic they are going to serve up on a phone in.I thankfully switched off yet again.A whole hour of discussion on this is stretching it but just shows how pitiful 5live has become when they are far more interesting topics on offer. Having given up on 5live I am now finding myself tuning more and more to the excellent and much underrated, BBC World Service.At least they treat you as though the listener as some intelligence. Obviously 5live is now marketed at the lowest level of the ' Down the Pub ' audience and is of the condescending opinion that we are all similar and can be pigeon holed of being exactly that.
CyrilTheWasp is offline   Reply With Quote