View Single Post
Old 24-01-2013, 15:17
kiviraat
Forum Member

I'm a single middle aged woman and I couldn't flirt to save my life but I believe that if you are nice to people (including workmen, delivery men), who come to your house, they will be nice to you. Take the man who came to mend my boiler. He was a lot younger than me but we found we had a common interest in naval history so we had a nice chat about books while he was working. What's wrong with offering workmen a cup of tea a) they don't necessarily want one and b) they might not have had anything to drink for hours.
We had a guy come out to fix a radiator just before Christmas and I even baked some biscuits/cake incase he hadn't had the chance to eat anything/had Lizardesque clients. My wee heart broke when he said he'd just had his lunch I'm a bit of a bitter soul at times, but I am always pleasant to folk, especially if they are just doing their job and I like to make their day that little bit better by being a good customer. Even the coalmen wave to me in the street now

'I am a middle aged woman who refuses to flirt with them'.

Yes, because there's nothing that would make their day better than a flat chested, plug ugly, wrinkled, uppity numpty making overtures to them.

Very much so, Pru!
kiviraat is offline   Reply With Quote