Thread: Les Miserables
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2013, 01:53
Galinda
Forum Member

Oh god, No. Russell is growing on me the more I watch it. Acting wise he gives a bit more roundness than the stageshow does, same with the relationship between JVJ and Cosette. Added to making Marius less of a wimp it gives much better charactisations than they could on stage.
Doesn't mean I've abandoned my biannual trip to London to get my "fix". Both stand up to any amount of scrutiny.. I did always say my opinions are totally unbiased. Ha!

I always thought they'd stuck him in to get more teenies and Americans to buy the DVD.

Whatever, he looked a couple of months older than Gavroche and a successful boy band performer/pop star does not a musical star make.
See Gates Gareth
Steps H
for further proof.

To have millions introduced to the character by his portrayal was the worst bit of casting by Cameron Mackintosh ever. He usually gets it spot on. Samantha Barks was born to play Eponine. Even better than Frances Ruffelle and way better than Lea Salonga.
Crowe is growing on me too.
When was your last visit to the stage show? I haven't been in about 6 months. The last cast I saw were so perfect I have put off going back.. well I say perfect more Hadley Fraser was in it

Gareth Gates wasn't a bad Marius when I saw him. But can't stand him on the CD.

Can't forgive Cameron Mackintosh for the Jonas brother casting. Makes me angry!!! Have to skip on the Marius bits on the 25th Anniversary DVD and to think how many past Marius' were in the ensemble/choir.. what a waste!
Galinda is offline   Reply With Quote