View Single Post
Old 28-01-2013, 01:04
MadMoo40
Forum Member

I don't want to get in to making excuses for myself here; the thread is, after all, not about me; I just brought my own situation in to explain why I might be a bit biased in feeling that the way Helen was raised was not necessarily so bad, and that what seems "not normal" to some can seem very normal to others.

However, I will point out that both my parents are still fit and capable, especially my mum, and that I do do some things - washing the dishes, for instance, is my job. If their health deterioriates, I certainly will do more.
Oh dear, you are 46 and live with your parents but, as you said in your previous thread, you do very little housework? You should be doing it all!!! I am guessing that your parents are now retired and, if not elderly, are at least pensionable age. They've earned the right to slow down and relax, and really shouldn't still be cleaning up after their middle aged son.

Have you ever left home? If not, then I feel sorry for your poor mum if she's been running around after you for 46 years!

I make my children do more than you do! My 18 year old and 13 year old each cook dinner for the family once a week, my 17 year old does the dishes every day and puts the rubbish out, my 12 year old cleans the bathroom, and my even my 7 year old cleans the downstairs floor every night with the steam mop. They put you to shame!!
MadMoo40 is offline   Reply With Quote