View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 15:12
80sfan
Forum Member

That's a bit spooky because the clip of Top of the Pops I was watching that inspired me to start this thread was from I think January 1985. I'll have to check.

I was always under the impression that he'd managed to get that song banned from the airwaves because he believed it wasn't a true reflection of his talents. I do know that around ten years go when VH1 used to do the "worst songs of all time" they played it all the time, and then suddenly it vanished so I remember thinking there must have been some truth in that rumour. Ill never forget the naff video where he looks like someone's dad gatecrashing a disco
Good old Pick of the Pops, they always play the songs no-one else dare play!

Tony Blackburn even mentioned that Russ had another single later in 1985 called 'All Night Holiday'. I doubt Russ would be too pleased at all this being mentioned with the sound of it, as that sounds even worse!

When VH1 used to do their 'worst video weekends' it used to be awesome. 'Atmosphere' used to be in the top ten, but nothing beat Cliff Richard on his roller skates in his leather trousers in Milton Keynes singing 'Wired For Sound'
80sfan is offline   Reply With Quote