View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 12:29
i4u
Forum Member

This is my focus also. My football mad friend told me that Beckham can't really play 90 minutes anymore, even that he looks tired and confused after 75 minutes. Perhaps giving it to charity justifies paying a past it footballer to play for your team simply in order to sell a lot of merchandise sold around the world. Makes sense.
I'm rather surprised the tabloid haven't focused more on the fact that David will be living apart from his wife - the charity aspect has rather distracted from that...!

I don't blame people for questioning the Beckham's motives, they have a gargantuan and eternal appetite for money and attention so people are naturally inclined to think that what they do isn't entirely altruistic.
From an article written in December 2011...

PSG were bought last year by the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), a company founded in 2005 and effectively owned by Qatar's oil-rich, ruling Al Thani family,

Qatar's state-owned broadcaster, Al Jazeera, is expanding its football TV rights portfolio, not only in the Middle East (where it shows the Champions League) but in Europe.

Al Jazeera has bought some rights to show French top-flight football within France...
i4u is offline   Reply With Quote