View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 20:10
Cadiva
Forum Member

I'm looking forward to this tonight - they must be thrilled to bits with their find!
I'm ashamed to say I know little about Richard III, other than what may now seem to be popularised myths about him - if anyone can recommend a good read or documentary on him, I'd be very grateful.
Sorry missed this earlier, there's loads and loads of books about Richard III from both sides of the argument. Probably the least controversial is David Baldwin's Richard III which presents both sides of the debate with equal fairness. He was a lecturer at the University of Leicester for quite a while as well Royal Blood by Bertram Field is also an excellent one to read.

Other ones which I have in my (somewhat extensive collection) include Annette Carson's Richard III: The Maligned King, Peter Hancock's Richard III and the Murder in the Tower (which looks at the execution of Sir William Hastings), Richard III by Paul Murray Kendall, Richard III by Michael Hicks and Anne Weir's written a couple of books (although she's a bit of a Tudor apologist imho) about both Richard and the Princes in the Tower and I found myself wanting to hurl her The Princes in the Tower out of the window after the first chapter.

Any one of these books on the Amazon best sellers list would be worth reading imho (ignore the duplicate entries for multiple formats!)
Cadiva is offline   Reply With Quote