View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 20:13
IzzyS
Forum Member

The problem with Daff is not the spelling mistakes, in my opinion. It is that her story is very confusing. I believe she was seriously sexually abused in her childhood (but not by Savile) and I hope she gets better. Her Savile story, which at first I believed, now is hard to. She keeps adding stuff and doesn't give the background. Savile, which at first was one of her abusers, now is one of the main persons in her life and she didn't metioned him before the scandal.
She seems to have perhaps a muddled recollection of things - maybe she'd claim it was the scandal that brought back repressed memories allowing her to identify him, although most people would likely be sceptical of that (ie. it may seem a bit convenient).

I do think your mind can play tricks, especially if your thinking back to very traumatic times I'd imagine - it may be hard to distinguish the full truth. It may not be done with any kind of malicious intent or they may not even realise that their memories aren't accurate necessarily, I suppose...who knows.

I keep editing this post as I can't decide whether to mention things or not, its kind of doing my head in(!) someone should just say if im talking about myself too much...seems annoyingly selfish and darn long posts(!)

Daffodil Rites has been reading this thread.
Hello! Please join DS and contribute.

http://daffodilrites.blogspot.co.uk/...7bff730c952ec0
I sometimes wonder who reads the thread (apart from forum members). Yes, she's welcome to register and post if she'd like to I guess, why not.