View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 22:29
IzzyS
Forum Member

It could be she repressed memories of him and the scandal brought them all back. There is no way to know.

I know memory is a dangerous territory and it can play tricks on us. I'm not prone to exaggerations but there were two or three I remembered things that didn't happen at all
Yes, thats what I was going to say. I've confused myself about a few things, stories etc. from childhood, im sure I told my family about one or two things I heard in passing ( to make it sound like I'd had a conversation and was being social, even if I wasn't ) and a part of me is saying some such things were basically true but included exaggerations and I'm not sure which parts were true and what I added to make it sound more interesting/exciting or whatever, possibly the odd phrase but it was so long ago, I don't remember the exact truth. There's one particular story in my mind that I feel I might have exaggerated but I've never remembered for sure - I wish I could remember!.

Its frustrating not remembering clearly enough, just the principle of not being entirely sure, it could make me cast doubts on other memories I've had, maybe part of them are untrue and I told myself it to make me more annoyed at the other person? which would sort of make sense but I wouldn't like to think I'd do that...l honestly don't know. I'd like to think my memories are 'clear' but I sometimes come across things that make me realise my memories weren't quite accurate. If I do get something wrong its not intentional though and I certainly wouldn't knowingly lie either.