View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 15:53
Saltydog1955
Inactive Member

He does not have Bipolar and he most certainly does not have Tourettes (I'm a mental health worker with knowledge) Bipolar is chucked around these days for anyone who complains of mood swings and behaves badly.
What he is - and is is not his fault, is spectacularly thick. He has also been very badly advised and picked the wrong 'friends' in the past.

Alcoholism is an addiction - but there are successful non-drinking alcoholics. I have both professional and personal knowledge of this. I was married to an alcoholic and lived with him for 17 years - 12 sober (but alcohol determined our social life) and the last 5 years drinking. I tried everything and he paid lip service to wanting to stop - in the end he chose the liquid over me and everything; we divorced. He died 18 months later at 46 of liver disease.

I feel no guilt - an alcoholic is an arch manipulator, he pulled friends and strangers into his self pitying poor me world. Alcohol is a major depressant. When he was sober he was a lovely man - drinking he was almost evil.

Gazza will not stop drinking until he wants to - no amount of friends rallying around will change that

You only have to Google ''paul gascoigne depression bi polar'' and thousands of hits come up. He has been diagnosed with bi-polar in a US clinic.

As part of the treatment he was sent to the United States, and he had three stays at a clinic in Cottonwood, Arizona: in June 2001, in 2003, and again 2004.[58] He was diagnosed with bipolar disorder during his first stay at the clinic.[57]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Gascoigne
With respect, you may well have experience of alcoholism but you don't come across as the most sympathetic of people.

(Don't use this often but in the case of such unsympathetic postings it seems appropriate.)

*ignores again*
Saltydog1955 is offline   Reply With Quote