View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 21:10
RubyRedi
Forum Member

Hi, RubiRedi, haven't seen you here in quite awhile. Good to see you here again.

Here's a question for you, as a long-term forum "oldie" from way back. I've noticed that a lot of the people who participated over the years, going back to the beginning, especially the old DM hands from the UK, haven't popped up here in quite a long time. Do you think when we get closer to S6 filming, or into S6 filming, they might return?

About Minghella, I know very little about him so I can't really comment. At his blog he does seem nice enough.
Hi Biffpup, Hope all is well with you and youre doing good Have you booked your trip yet???

I would think that the forum will get busier once S6 filming starts next month and you may see people who have been members of the forum for a long time (much longer than I have - Im a newbie compared to some of them!!!) pop in and out - I think there are a lot of members who lurk but choose not to contribute - but who knows!!! I also think that some people were dissappointed with S5 and think maybe the show has run its course - which may create some disinterest but again who knows - the show still seems to be as popular as ever.

About Dominic M (and I'll keep it short ) yes I was meaning the success of his brother. I dont doubt that he's a (very) talented man but I also believe he gets too much credit for the creation and success of Doc M!!! I think there was a broad outline long before he even came aboard and OK he wrote most (maybe all??) of S1, 3 maybe 4 episodes of S2 (along with his sister)but as far as I can see he's not contributed anything since then (2005/06) and I would be very surprised if he had been involved even in outlining for the remaining series'. In fact was it not him who said he would never have the Doc & Louisa together?? Just my personal opinion - I may be wrong!!

You take care n be good x