View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 19:37
Forum Member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,298
Taking in a lodger is not subletting. Council tenants can usually take in a lodger as long as it doesn't make the house overcrowded, they do have to ask permission first and there are exclusions such as managed accommodation.
Yes but for anyone claiming any benefit it gets very complecated and you need good advice first from CAB because you have to deal with landlord, HB, CT, DWP and your own insurace company, and if not done carefully the tenant can be alot worse tax office
tim59 is online now   Reply With Quote