View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 20:15
Forum Member
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,576
Yes but for anyone claiming any benefit it gets very complecated and you need good advice first from CAB because you have to deal with landlord, HB, CT, DWP and your own insurace company, and if not done carefully the tenant can be alot worse tax office
That is a different point, I was correcting your statement about subletting.

However under the new rules coming in benefit claimants will be able to keep all the income from lodgers though they will still be subject to the "bedroom tax", hence they will be better off.
bobcar is offline   Reply With Quote