Thread: Les Miserables
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2013, 10:35
Baban
Forum Member

My nan is a huge fan of the stage musical, and I myself am also a very big musical theatre fan. Up until a couple of months ago I hadn't even bothered watching my nans 25th anniversary DVD, but one day I decided to borrow it off her to see what all the fuss was about and OMG I now know what all the fuss is about! It's just so beautiful the way the songs blend together with the story.

I aw the film on Saturday and I can honestly say I've never ever seen a better film in all my life. If Anne doesn't win her well deserved Oscar I may start a riot (joke!) I didn't cry and that was purely because I was in shock at how magnificent it was. The whole thing from the singing to the set was just phenomenal and it had no flaws. For me the highlight was the ending, it was amazing how after Jean Valjean died, the whole cast joined together on the barricades to sing do you hear the people sing. I have a feeling this is the beginning of a le mis revolution!

Can I just add that Helena Bohnam Carter&Sacha were very funny and had me and my nan in stitches!
Baban is offline   Reply With Quote