View Single Post
Old 13-02-2013, 19:45
jon craig
Forum Member

I was wondering, is Capital FM going to start playing any of the following songs?

50 Cent- My Life
Bingo Players - Rattle
Disclosure - White Noise
Dizzee Rascal - Bassline Junkie

I listen to the station a lot, and these songs are massive at the moment, but I hardly ever hear them on Capital (I think some of those I've NEVER heard on the station).

I'm just a bit confused. Are these songs not testing well with all those 15-30 year-olds listening to the station?

I checked the playlist, and some of those songs are there, but when I actually listen to Capital I'm not hearing them. Do they only play those songs at night or something? Have I coincidentally not been listening to Capital whenever these songs are played? I listen to Capital enough to hear We Found Love multiple times a day, so I'm surprised I've hardly hear those massive hits. Can we ever expect them to be put into day-time rotation on Capital?
In the case of the Dizzee Rascal track, I hope not. Seriously, personal opinion I know, but what a sack of sh**!

I have actually just seen the first test results for that track and it is massively divisive - people are either loving it or hating it. The haters though are in the majority which I guess supports Capital's decision not to go with it. It would certainly make me switch off. They are though playing Disclosure and The Bingo Players, albeit mainly off peak.
jon craig is offline   Reply With Quote