View Single Post
Old 16-02-2013, 20:53
DiamondDoll
Forum Member

Some of the posts in this thread are hilarious. Keep them coming.
I'm so glad you've grown to understand our level of ridicule in this thread.

Oh be fair!
No-one with a normal,everyday Dad would be able to think of them as well as PA does.
The man has won AWARDS for his selfless service to Daddydom ffs.
We are truly not worthy.
Oh please!Like those kind of negotiations take place in public! Peter Andre is incapable of turning down anything that will get him publicity (Marriage to Jordan, Mayonnaise lids for being Bestdadintheworld and now Cultural embarrassment to Malta.). I'm sure the Mayor just didn't decide to bestow the honour on him after seeing him at the Maltese awards! There would have been quiet approaches from one side to the other.
I don't know what would have happened to the human race if he and Tango had not come along to tell us how to parent. We would have continued on in a unnaturally unorange fashion, thinking that privacy and dignity were genuinely good concepts and listening to music that was not heavily influenced/copied from someone whose death gave them a relevance they had not had for about a decade.

We would never have known the joy of adding ZZA to any random noun, the life-affirmation that comes from joining two words together to make another, wholly unnecessary word, or the power that comes from having some-one else intone your internal monologue.

We would never have seen the step-by-step guide to how to court each other in public, how to court publicity when you are courting each other in public, how to make a career out of a fauxmance, how to make a marriage out of a fauxmance, how to make a tv show out of a marriage and how to publicly put your beloved children through hell to show how much you love them.

We owe them a great debt.
Ah cmon. As if the locals would give a toss. And plainly they don't. Or rather, they do, but that's because he accepted. Why try and paint him as someone celebrated and influential enough to have the power to offend? If it was eg. Sting maybe, I'd see your point, but the Cheesy DOTY? Come off it.

All he had to do was say 'Mayor Dingli, honoured as I am to be considered for such a prestigious role, I'm not really fit for post, what with not being remotely cultured or influential and in fact, I'd probably be an Anti-Ambassador, an, if you will, Ambassador of Embarrassmentage and Valletta would suffer as a result.
Pure unadulterated brilliance.
DiamondDoll is offline   Reply With Quote