View Single Post
Old 17-02-2013, 18:23
gilliedew
Forum Member

Gilliedew, I am sorry you think I sound angry.

Well, actually, I do get angry at Liz Jones because what she does and writes actually hurts people, and animals. She hurts her mother (or would do if her mother were compos mentis enough to know what is being written, not to mention Beabarb's point); she hurts other family members by dragging their problems into her writings; she hurts numerous people she has dealings with by insulting them in print; she hurt her neighbours and tradespeople in Dulverton; she hurts her animals by anthropormorphising them and not treating them properly and humanely as circumstances demand.

You obviously are interested enough to read this thread, but it is the people who, like you, ask why we read her if we don't like her, but who actually defend her, that I am challenging here. I simply want to know whether they can actually come up with supporting evidence of their claims to her wit, real love of animals and talent as a writer. She seems to have a talent to get the DM to pay her a lot of money and, as you say, it generates a huge albeit nowadays largely negative response. To date nobody who claims to like her can give examples of why!
Thanks for the reply but at no time am I defending her, just re read my post for that to see that at no time have I said anything nice about her.

I read the DM online and if I see some headline from her which I know will be inflammatory I read it, mainly to see what response she gets and it is always the same, there are her dislikers, shooting from the hip and mostly to no avail because she bangs on about it regardless.

There always will be people who dont agree with you, they will be the ones she singles out to listen too, she will then ridicule her detractors because she is still getting the attention good or bad. I do think it gets to her because I have seen her mention it, Yes, it is all her fault and she could do something about it but she chooses the money way out to keep doing what she is doing.

It is not all for or all against as you have written it, there are shades of grey, like myself, who disliking all she stands for think that keeping on battling against her is fruitless because all she wants is attention good or bad. I know a lot of what she has done, not through reading all her articles but by reading this Forum, so may I repectfully ask that we not be lumped into one corner of likers or haters and thats that as some of us do not feel as strongly as others but still do not care for Liz Jones one iota.
gilliedew is offline   Reply With Quote