View Single Post
Old 22-02-2013, 07:58
augusta92
Forum Member

Morning all

It is - 1 here. No snow though thank goodness.

A friend coming down for the weekend and out to lunch tomorrow with some lovely friends - if there is no snow! I still have bathrooms to do and need to wash my hair (which looks awful!). Hairdresser for me next week!

Spent two hours looking at curtain fabric yesterday. Could not believe the prices - 100 a meter for some of them. Spoke to another customer and she suggested one of the discount fabric places so will investigate - I need 15 meters for my patio doors!

Well folks it is that time of year - thinking about our spring/summer get together. Although afternoon tea seems tempting it can be expensive and it would also mean getting home late.

Suggestion has been another lunch - perhaps another venue than the place we usually meet which would cost about 20 - 30.

Suggestions have been to meet in May. If you are interested, please PM me by the 6 March. Please also let me know if you have other suggestions for restaurants, cafes etc - or if you would like to go back to our usual meeting place. Also, please let me know if a weekday or Saturday is best for you.

Must get on - busy weekend ahead. Look forward to your PMs.

I would like to come....

Fabric is so expensive to buy at times. I spose its more to do with the supermarkets sellling things so cheaply, Its easy to forget how expensive material can be.

places like Ikea might be more reasonable for furnishing fabrics or Dunelm, Especially if you need a long drop. But I like the idea of buying online, although you cant really feel the weight or texture online, or even really see the colours.

I need to get some fabric for my course, so will be looking today, when I go and meet my daughter for lunch.

where has this last week gone? I was tired and needed a rest, and although its been lovely to catch up and meet friends, I havent done all that much, and its already friday.

I wonder what John is getting up to at the height of his summer? definitely not shivering every time, he sets foot outside