View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 15:30
RebelScum
Forum Member

No-one's getting personal, relax. Just a natural observation of how you're telling people they're missing the point when they're not - they're simply adding to the conversation.
Adding to the conversation and being relevant are two different things. If you start a thread about bad drivers and I come in going on about cars, makes of cars, the mechanics of cars, etc I'm adding to the conversation, but its not relevant to bad drivers.

It's just the way you're getting agitated about it, you're making it sound like we're randomly making posts that have no link to the subject whatsoever; it's not the case. It's pertinent to talk about how poor a lot of dialogue is in many films these days, and that tbh it's hard to blame people who'd rather just watch action scenes and be entertained.
Like the way you keep asserting I'm agitated. Can you also tell if I'm hungry?

And not just downright sloppily-written dialogue, but that mushy, overly-sentimental, predictable crap that occupies nearly every drama made for the masses. Give me a nonstop dialogue-lite action-fest any day of the week over 95% of modern mainstream films tbh.

There's a cause & effect going on. Mainstream cinema has gone mostly downhill over the last 20 years or so, especially in terms of decent dialogue.

It doesn't surprise me that there are those who feel they don't have the time for it and would rather just see splodes.
See, off you go on a tangent. None of what you say is untrue, but it has zero relevance to the thread, which to be blunt is about stupid people who would find even the most exquisite piece of dialogue boring. What you consider adding to the topic, is essentially changing the topic. And whilst I would never undermine any of your opinions, theres nothing wrong with highlighting that fact, as what you are doing by changing the topic, perhaps without realising it, is undermining the OP's point.
RebelScum is offline   Reply With Quote