View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 18:12
WinterFire
Forum Member

Why would you want to cut out rice/pasta etc though - isn't that the bit that fills you up / keeps you awake / stops you being dizzy etc? If I ate a plate of cauliflower I'd have to have a proper dinner afterwards.
As Molliepops says, there are a lot of calories in bread/rice/couscous/potato etc. For myself, I like rice/couscous/potato. But in terms of allocating my daily calories, they an be inconvenient. 100g dry couscous = 367 kcal or so. That's a fair chunk of my daily allocation. (Admittedly that is a generous portion). Sometimes it annoys me slightly that I can make a spaghetti bolognaise with fairly low calorie 'mince' (I'm vegetarian) and sauce/veggies mix, but then I add the spaghetti - oh dear. Same applies for chillies/curries and rice, etc.

If the cauliflower 'rice' worked, then it'll be an option for me for some days when I want to eat something like frosted and filled chocolate cake after dinner. I'd have to save calories from elsewhere, and substituting cauliflower 'rice' for real rice would help achieve that.
WinterFire is offline   Reply With Quote