View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:21
Sun_Lies
Forum Member

I think this answers everything. LOL.

Do not tick the box.

http://www.pcs.org.uk/en/department_...4EBA40616465A4

I took a print out of this PCS update to the job centre, highlighting especially this section:

"management have acknowledged that mandatory sign up to UJ will not be a blanket approach;Mandatory sign up will be on an individual basis, if the FLA feels that UJ would be beneficial to the claimant, and they have ‘unreasonably refused".

As my advisor has acknowledged, the the job bulletins I am already subscribed to are the most useful ones for my industry. He had already explicitly told me that I would find nothing beneficial or relevant to my skills on UJM. Even so, he ignored the above and told me that it is mandatory and he would have to issue a Jobseeker Direction if I refused. He went on to say that the "PCS always twist things the way they want," and that they were wrong.

I also highlighted this section:

"EU cookie legislation prevents mandatory sign up requiring customers to use their home computers to register for, or use UJ. This is because the choice to accept cookies on your computer has to be made ‘freely’, under the EU legislation."

I suggested that if I sign up on my home computer, I would be effectively giving my permission for the state to spy on me. His response to this was, "some people need to be spied on."

I would like to see some official document that states whether sign up to UJ is to be a "blanket approach" or not.

In the PCS update it says, "Management will be issuing guidance around this shortly." Apparently they are having a meeting about this today.
Sun_Lies is offline   Reply With Quote