View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:38
lordOfTime
Forum Member

I really liked the Ron and Hermione relationship in the books. It didn't work in the films because Hermione was too pretty and Ron a bit too laid back. He looked much keener than her, I wasn't convinced.

In the books they are more evenly matched. She outshines him in ability but is not as generally likeable and sociable, She lacks imagination at times and can be a little negative. Remember Ron can be quite amusing and he does get attention from Lavender which suggests that he isn't necessarily less physically attractive than she is.
Am I the only one here that isn't missing the fact that Hermoine was "made" beautiful by JK by the time the Book 4 Triwizard Yule Ball came around. When Draco hexed Hermoine so her teeth grew even larger than normal, she didn#t just get them fixed. she had them shrunk to regular for want of a better size, even though it was a while before her friends noticed. Remember that moment in the book and movie when Harry notices Hermoine in her dress ansd his jaw drops?

I know Emma Watson never had Hermoine's original appearance but for me it proves she was just as right for the role as anyone else.
lordOfTime is offline Follow this poster on Twitter   Reply With Quote